Statistical Approach to Quantum Field Theory
Lecture Notes in Physics 864 (2013), ISBN 978-3642331046, 390 pages
a text file with all programs in the book are available upon request;
missprints and corrections
M. Bartelmann, B. Feuerbacher, T. Krüger, D. Lüst, A. Rebhan, A. Wipf
Springer 2014, ISBN 978-3642546174, 1328 pages
do you have comments or suggestions? did you spot errors? my email address is
- May 1984 PhD at the University of Zürich
- 11.1984 - 03.1986 Postdoc at Dublin Institute for Advanced Studies, Ireland
- 04.1986 - 12.1986 Assistant Professor at Dublin Institute for Advanced
- 01.1987 - 12.1987 Postdoc at Los Alamos National Laboratory, USA
- 01.1988 - 10.1989 Postdoc at Max-Planck-Insitute in München
- 11.1989 - 05.1995 Postdoc and Privatdozent at the ETH in Zürich
- From June 1995: Full Professor (Chair: Quantum Theory) at the
Activities at University, Faculty and Institute:
- June 1995 - April 1998: Director of the Institute of Theoretical Physics
- April 1999 - March 2001, April 2002 - March 2004: Member of the Senat
- Since 1999: Member of the Fakultätsrat
- April 2000 - March 2002: Vice-Dean of the Faculty for Physics and Astronomy
- April 2002 - March 2004: Dean of the Faculty for Physics and Astronomy
- Since October 2010: Member of the Research Commitee (V) of the FSU Jena
- May 2009 - April 2013: Berufungsbeauftragter at the FSU Jena
- Since April 2013: Director of the Institute of Theoretical Physics
Fields of Interest:
- Simulations of Lattice Field Theories with and without dynamical fermions
- Nonperturbative Aspects of (supersymmetric) Field Theories
- Monopoles, Sphalerons and Instantons in Gauge Theories
- Quantum Physics in Curved Spaces: Black Hole Physics
- Conformal Field Theories: Kac-Moody and W-Algebras, WZW-Models, Toda Theories
- Quantization of 2-dimensional Gauge Theories
- External Field Problems: Effective Action, Effective Potentials, Casimir Effect, Anomalies
- Since January 2015: Editor of 'Graduate Texts in Physics'
- 2005 - 2011: Editor of 'Annalen der Physik'
- Speaker of Research Training Group GRK 1523 'Quantum and Gravitational Fields'
- Co-organizer of Saalburg summer schools on 'Foundations and New Methods in Theoretical Physics'
- Organizer of the DPG-Früjahrstagung 2013 in Jena
- Reviewer for science foundations and physics journals
- Since April 2015: Head of the DPG Fachverband 'Theoretische und Mathematische Grundlagen der Physik'
With Klaus Sibold/Klaus Kroy from Leipzig and Jan Louis/Steffen Trimper from Halle
I used to organize the
With Arthur Hebecker, Olaf Lechtenfeld, Ivo Sachs, Stefan Theisen I organize
every September the "Saalburg"
Foundations and New Methods in Theoretical Physics
for Graduate Students
Last modified: September 2015
You are visitor number
Code Für Besucherzähler
since September '15